The Job in short
You identify and design the best-practices for performance engineering processes. Being the subject matter expert, you influence the product development teams across company to adapt your set approach in order to ensure a better performing product.
Meet the job
As the Performance Engineer you work as part of our expertise team aimed to improve the performance of our product. You have the freedom to experiment on performance improving initiatives, with a dedicated Kubernetes cluster for performance testing.
Your main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Establish the best-in-class performance engineering approach for all Company software development teams
- Influence and convince the Tribes and squads to adopt your recommendations and approaches
- Provide structural recommendations to ensure identified performance issues will not reoccur
- Keep up to date with performance engineering tooling and ensure Company is using the latest and greatest tools
How about you
In order to be successful in this job we expect you to have:
- An intrinsic drive to achieve the best software performance backed up with several years of relevant experience in performance testing and engineering
- Being proactive in building efficient performance solutions and take ownership in driving change
- Professional experience with performance tools like Gatling/JMeter, Grafana and CI/CD tools like Jenkins in building pipelines.
- Coding experience with Java and basic knowledge on performance testing for microservices
- At least beginner knowledge in Docker and Kubernetes; Experience in Helm is considered a plus
- Basic experience with databases like Oracle, with ability to analyze database bottlenecks